Friday, August 19, 2011

Vintage Olioboard

Olioboard is my new favorite thing! If only I could have had this at Baylor to make concept boards. Olioboard is a site where you can create digital mood/concept boards, either by using their extensive bank of items or uploading your own.


Of course I couldn't wait to get started but once I had all of these amazing things at my fingers tips I completely drew a blank! There were just too many choices and I felt like I was swimming in a sea of words like west elm, mid century modern, jonathan adler, urban outfitters, vintage, chic, amy butler, etc. And while it was a  dream come true, because all of those words describe the most wonderful home goods and design you can imagine, I definitely some kind of small boat to steer me in my design direction. So I chose vintage to start my first olioboard. I know I just said I wanted some design direction and picking vintage can really mean one of 198,273,000 different things (it's true I counted) at least it was something ( I would equate it to a small dingy-in reference to my earlier analogy). 

Now my question was: Do I make a whole room? Just accessories? Things I just couldn't live without? Good thing I was on swim team in high school, because I was swimming again. It was at this point I sat myself down ( well not really) and said, this is a seemingly minor decesion in your day, not nearly as important as what radio station to listen to or what shoes to wear (today was the cutest pair of nude wedges) and that I should just wing it. My apologies for my rambling and unexplained need to try and be witty. So here's my first olioboard:


 See how cool Olioboard is?? I'm obsessed. No really, I love it. I know this first one is a little rough but I think this site is going to be a great tool for both designers and everyone else too! It makes it easy to find what you like and put them all together, and for a visual person like me, it's genius. Those days of copy and pasting from the internet to powerpoint are over. I'm leaving that last sentence even though I am fully aware of how ridiculous it is.

Now I just need more inspiration to create endless olioboards! Anyone have any ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment